New Debian 11 OS template
Servespace has added support for a new version of the Debian 11 x64 "Bullseye" Linux distribution for users of the vStack cloud service. We keep supporting the previous version of Debian 10.7 x64.
Debian 11 distribution is expected to be maintained for 5 years by the Debian team. This distribution outstands version 10.7 with a more stable operation and a number of useful updates.
What's new in Debian 11
- Updated the Linux core to version 5.10 from core 4.19. This will allow customers to use resources more efficiently.
- Updated the desktop theme. Now it looks fresher, more modern, and simpler.
- Added support for the exFAT file system. This eliminates problems with mounting external disk formatted on Windows or macOS devices.
- Improved password protection of local accounts by replacing the encryption algorithm with yescript.
- Simplified the printing and scanning function by updating the CUPS and SANE utilities.
The full list of changes can be found in the official reference section Debian.org.
Interesting fact: the version name "Bullseye" is given in honor of the horse character from the famous "Toy Story" Pixar series.