What is Hestia control panel
Hestia CP has been designed as a VestaCP panel fork. Main advantages is:
- User-friendly interface;
- This panel is enough for all typical needs such as webserver, mail-server, PHP with version selector, database server, SSL-certificates and firewall;
- Built-in backup functions.
Where HestiaCP could be installed
System requirements of this control panel is:
- Server with at least 1 CPU core, 1Gb RAM and 10Gb disk space;
- Actual Debian-like operation system (RHEL-based OS isn't supported);
- Privileged account access;
- Registered domain with A-records "pinned" to your server's IP address (optional).
To install HestiaCP on your server please follow this steps:
- Login as privileged user to SSH-terminal;
- Update exist system software;
apt update && apt upgrade -y
- Wait till update finished, then reboot the machine to apply and use the newest packages;
- Install wget tool
apt update; apt install -y wget
- Download and run initial scenario file;
chmod +rw hst-install.sh
- If script offer you to uninstall some software which is non-compatible with the panel - agree to this;
- Next step is configuration choosing. Typical settings is enough in general. Also fill your email and domain name;
- Setup process will take about 15-20 min, you will see access credentials when it finished. Remember it;
- Open new tab in your browser and login into Hestia panel;
If next screen looks like picture below - setup is succesfully finished, well done!
In this article you knew about HestiaCP panel, it's advantages and setup process.